Statutory Liability insurance
What does it do?
Our Statutory Liability insurance covers you for the costs of representation in investigations and, in certain circumstances, fines arising from a prosecution under various Acts of Parliament (to the extent they are insurable). Cover may be included for prosecutions under:
- The Commerce Act 1986;
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 2015;
- The Financial Markets Act 2003
- The Resource Management Act 1991
Why do I need it?
Prosecutions under an Act of Parliament are often time-consuming and expensive affairs. By purchasing Statutory Liability cover your company and its employees are afforded protection from the costs associated with defending a claim.
Examples of statutory liability claims for which we may cover you include:
- Investigations by the Commerce Commission
- Investigations of workplace injuries
- Complaint to the Health and Disabilities Commission
- Land use breaches of requirements
- Sale of regulated products