Frequently Asked Questions
Questions about us and buying your policy online
- Are you based in New Zealand?
- Why are GSI Direct’s premiums so much cheaper than my current policy?
- When do I get sent my proposal form to fill in?
- Why do I need to select a sub profession?
- What if my activities cover two professions or two sub professions?
- What if my business doesn’t fit into any of the professions or sub professions listed?
- What do I enter as my turnover on the quote page?
- Number of employees? It’s just me…, I’m a shareholder … etc.
- What limit of insurance should I buy?
- How can I pay?
- Can I pay by monthly instalment?
- Can I cancel my policy after I purchase it? Will I get a refund if I cancel my policy?
- What do I provide to third parties or the company I’m contracting to?
- How long does it take to get my documents?
Questions about the insurance
- What is the difference between Professional Indemnity, Public Liability and Statutory Liability insurance policies?
- What does ‘claims made’ mean?
- What does the retroactive date mean? And what does it mean when GSI Direct’s date is unlimited?
- What is a deductible / excess?
- What are the deductibles for GSI Direct’s policies?
- Why do I need annual cover?
- I only need cover for a 6 month contract?
- What is run-off cover and why would I need it?
- The policy wording has sections of insurance I haven’t selected?